Return7 has released an update to its photo geotagging application PlaceTagger adding iOS 4 background location support. PlaceTagger allows users to track their location while taking photos using a standalone digital camera and then later use that location information to automatically add geotags to photos during import into iPhoto or Aperture or export geotag information via a GPX file for other applications. The addition of iOS 4 background location support to the latest version will allow PlaceTagger users to more effectively track their location without having to worry about leaving the PlaceTagger application constantly running. Although PlaceTagger provides options to balance location accuracy and battery usage, the release notes indicate that “PlaceTagger will consume more battery in the background than it will in the foreground” suggesting that background location tracking inherently consumes more power or simply may have fewer configuration options available for power-saving. PlaceTagger is available from the App Store for $10 and is a free update for current users.
- Apple TV+ releases first look at Physical
- New Apple Card customers can enjoy up to 6 percent daily cash in new promo
- Ucam Private Home Security Camera is 21% off
- Grab the New 10.2 inch 32GB Apple iPad for Just $299
- MLB App removed On 3rd Gen Apple TV
- Apple TV+ ‘Roar’ to star Alison Brie and Nicole Kidman
- M1 MacBook Air: Long-term review!
- iOS 14.5 beta features improved subscription sheet
- Super Boost WiFi Repeater is 61% off
- Avanca T1 Bluetooth wireless earbuds are 50% off