Web Information Solutions has released an update to its Pocket Information calendar and task manager for the iPhone and iPod touch. The version 1.5 update adds support for iOS 4 background alarms, location and syncing on multitasking-capable devices such as the iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch. Local Notifications allow calendar alarms to now be set locally rather than relying on a Push Notification server and Pocket Informant can now take advantage of task completion to finish syncing with online services such as Google Calendar and ToodleDo even after the user has closed the app. The update also provides support for location-based task notifications on the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4. Other improvements include resolution enhancements for the iPhone 4 Retina Display, the ability to associate icons with events and tasks and tap-and-hold context menus in month and week views. The update also improves performance and fixes several bugs from the previous version. Pocket Information 1.5 is available from the App Store for $13 and is a free update for current users.
- iPad Air vs iPad Pro: Which offers the best value for money?
- New iOS 14.6 beta introduces new features in Podcasts app
- iPad Pro orders are now preparing to ship (early orders)
- Apple’s AirTag used to track a mailed package by an UK resident
- Counterfeit Apple chargers seller fined $147,000 in the UK
- iPhone 11 is the best value for money iPhone
- Apple could release a portless iPhone this year
- MagSafe to return as a new feature on Apple Silicon MacBook Pro models
- Upcoming MacBook Pro models to be powered by M-series chips
- Leading Apple enterprise management company Jamf to acquire zero trust cloud security company Wandera