iPod chip maker PortalPlayer has announced that company CEO Gary Johnson plans to resign by the end of the year. “My true passion is in leading companies through their initial rapid growth,” said Johnson. “When I joined PortalPlayer, the company had one product and very limited cash. Today, it has several design teams working on products for three major personal multimedia player markets and nearly $200 million in cash… I feel that it is time for me to pursue other opportunities where I can again be instrumental in the early stages of a company’s growth.” The move comes a little more than three months after the company said its chips would not be used in some of Apple’s flash-based iPods.
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?
- Apple overtakes Samsung in 2020 Q4 top Smartphone maker
- Netflix to add ‘Downloads for You’ soon on iOS