A handful of Push Notification-ready AIM client applications have hit the App Store. AOL has updated both its paid and free versions of AIM for iPhone OS 3.0, adding the ability for users to stay logged in for up to 24 hours after closing the app, with all messages received during that time pushed directly to their device. The paid version, which sells for $3, also adds landscape support in buddy list and conversation views; the release notes state this feature will be added to the free version in a later update. In addition to AOL’s official AIM clients, BeeJive has updated its $10 BeeJive IM client with Push Notification support, as well as performance and user interface enhancements. All three updated AIM client apps are available now from the App Store.
- Apple MacArthur Center closing amid mall safety issues
- Apple increasing sign language interpreters in stores
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?