Skype has released version 4.0 of its iOS apps, focused on accessibility and stability improvements. The new version of Skype allows users to move their own video preview window during a video call and the iPhone/iPod touch version includes an updated design for the contacts and messages view and a new sign-in screen. Skype will also now automatically restart if it unexpectedly shuts down for whatever reason, and the update includes a number of other stability improvements and bug fixes. iPhone and iPad versions are available separately from the App Store as free downloads: Skype for the iPhone and iPod touch requires an iPhone 3GS/4/4S or fourth-generation iPod touch; Skype for iPad is compatible with any iPad model. A device with a front-facing camera is required for video calling, and both versions require iOS 4.3 or later.
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?
- Apple overtakes Samsung in 2020 Q4 top Smartphone maker
- Netflix to add ‘Downloads for You’ soon on iOS