Slacker has released an update to its popular Slacker Radio streaming music application, introducing the ability for users to listen to Slacker Radio content without an active Internet connection. With Slacker Radio 2.0 users can now cache their favorite stations on the device for offline listening, regardless of whether a Wi-Fi or cellular data connection is available. The offline station caching feature requires a $5/month Slacker Radio Plus subscription; free Slacker Radio Basic users can try the caching feature free for 14 days. Slacker Radio Plus subscriptions also provide users with ad-free listening, access to song lyrics, unlimited song skipping and unlimited song requests. The application also provides both free and paid subscribers with access to artist biographies and album reviews, unlimited online listening and custom radio stations. Slacker Radio 2.0 is available from the App Store as a free download; Slacker Radio Plus subscriptions may be purchased from within the application.
- iPad Air vs iPad Pro: Which offers the best value for money?
- New iOS 14.6 beta introduces new features in Podcasts app
- iPad Pro orders are now preparing to ship (early orders)
- Apple’s AirTag used to track a mailed package by an UK resident
- Counterfeit Apple chargers seller fined $147,000 in the UK
- iPhone 11 is the best value for money iPhone
- Apple could release a portless iPhone this year
- MagSafe to return as a new feature on Apple Silicon MacBook Pro models
- Upcoming MacBook Pro models to be powered by M-series chips
- Leading Apple enterprise management company Jamf to acquire zero trust cloud security company Wandera