Lake Ontario Waterkeeper has updated its free Swim Guide app for the iPhone and iPod touch adding up-to-date water quality information for nearly 300 beaches in California. First released last year, Swim Guide provides information on over 1,300 beaches throughout North America including Miami, FL, Mobile, AL, the Great Lakes, British Columbia, Alberta and more, including descriptions and panoramic photos along with water quality information to help beach-goers determine if the water is safe for swimming. The app uses regularly updated water quality data from a wide variety of beach monitoring sources including government authorities, with updates provided as frequently as the information is gathered thereby allowing users to check the status and cleanliness of their local beaches in real time. Users can also compare current and historical water quality information for many beaches and use location services to find their closest beaches and get driving directions. Users can also bookmark their favourite beaches and share their beach adventures with friends and family via Facebook and Twitter. Swim Guide requires iOS 4.3 or later and is available from the App Store as a free download.
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?
- Apple overtakes Samsung in 2020 Q4 top Smartphone maker
- Netflix to add ‘Downloads for You’ soon on iOS