SmileOnMyMac has released a universal update to its TextExpander text expansion application for iOS devices. TextExpander 1.1.4 adds an iPad-native user interface and additional minor fixes and improvements. TextExpander is a utility app for iOS devices that allows users to create their own abbreviations for common snippets of text and expand them automatically. Unlike its Mac counterpart, limitations in iOS prevent TextExpander from functioning as a background application, requiring users to either compose their text within the app for pasting into another app or use a TextExpander-enhanced third-party application. TextExpander compatible apps include Twitter for iPhone, SimpleNote, WriteRoom, SMS touch and others; a complete list of third-party apps integrating TextExpander support can be found at http://www.smileonmymac.com/applist. TextExpander 1.1.4 is available from the App Store for $5 as a universal app for both iPad and iPhone devices and is a free upgrade for current users.
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?
- Apple overtakes Samsung in 2020 Q4 top Smartphone maker
- Netflix to add ‘Downloads for You’ soon on iOS