Following an injunction by Blackberry earlier this year against its original Typo Keyboard Case (iLounge Rating: B-), Typo Products has released Typo 2, an updated version of its eponymous hardware keyboard for the iPhone 5 and 5s. Famously funded by Ryan Seacrest, the first version of Typo debuted at CES amidst a patent infringement suit brought by Blackberry. Typo 2 has been redesigned, and now includes additional features such as a battery indicator, backlit keyboard, and lock key, although the new design remains very similar to the original device. It remains to be seen whether the redesign will be enough to avoid another lawsuit. Typo 2 is available for pre-order now for $99 and is expected to ship in mid-September.
- iPad Air vs iPad Pro: Which offers the best value for money?
- New iOS 14.6 beta introduces new features in Podcasts app
- iPad Pro orders are now preparing to ship (early orders)
- Apple’s AirTag used to track a mailed package by an UK resident
- Counterfeit Apple chargers seller fined $147,000 in the UK
- iPhone 11 is the best value for money iPhone
- Apple could release a portless iPhone this year
- MagSafe to return as a new feature on Apple Silicon MacBook Pro models
- Upcoming MacBook Pro models to be powered by M-series chips
- Leading Apple enterprise management company Jamf to acquire zero trust cloud security company Wandera