The latest version of Unreal Engine includes some basic support for Apple’s new ARKit, which the accompanying blog post calls “an early, experimental version.” The plug-in is based on the work done by director Peter Jackson’s Wingnut AR studio and will allow developers to get familiar with the new features before official support begins with the release of iOS 11 in the fall. Unreal Engine has been a popular platform for game creation since it was introduced in 1998, and we first made available on iOS in September 2010. [via AppleInsider]
- MacBook Pro with Mini-LED to launch this year
- iPad Pro vs iPad Air: Shopping guide!
- Apple Watch continues to be the smartwatch leader
- Should you buy the iPad Pro or wait?
- The Anker Soundcore Motion Boom Outdoor Bluetooth Speaker falls to $79.99
- iPhone 11 submerged for 6 months gets returned to owner
- iMac Pro listed with only one configuration, set to be discontinued
- LG developing display for the foldable iPhone
- Apple Watch sales shine in 2020 Q4
- Apple to introduce tracking safety feature to prevent stalking