Verizon Wireless has informed employees of an upcoming vacation blackout, suggesting that the next-generation iPhone will launch during that time. Citing a “trusted Verizon employee”, TechCrunch reports that Verizon has called for a staff-wide vacation blackout from Friday, September 21 to Friday, September 30. Apple is expected to announce its next-generation handset on September 12, and there has traditionally been a delay of slightly over a week between an iPhone’s introduction and its official launch, meaning that a September 21 launch is highly possible. September 21 was previously suggested as the launch date for the next-generation iPhone in a report that also predicted a September 12 launch for the device.
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?
- Apple overtakes Samsung in 2020 Q4 top Smartphone maker
- Netflix to add ‘Downloads for You’ soon on iOS