Following the recent release of Virtual City HD for the iPad, G5 Entertainment has released an update to Virtual City for the iPhone (iLounge rating: B+) adding the promised Free Play mode. Virtual City 1.1 adds the Sand Box mode introduced in the iPad version allowing users to choose from one of five large maps to design their own city from scratch. Each Sand Box map represents one of the five U.S. states in Virtual City and players unlock each one by playing through the appropriate scenarios. The latest version also adds Game Center support for sharing achievements, improves Retina Display support and adds a number of performance optimizations and bug fixes. Virtual City for the iPhone and iPod touch is available from the App Store for $5.
- Apple lobbying for chip production subsidies in the US
- Russian antitrust authority fines Apple $12 million
- The official MagSafe Charger crops to an all-time low, now only $30
- Apple TV+ ‘Killers of the Flower Moon’ first look image revealed online
- Apple TV Siri support arrives in New Zealand, Ireland and Austria
- Apple TV+ documentary ‘The Me You Can’t See’ to debut May 21
- Should you buy the iPhone SE in 2021?
- Should you buy the iPhone XR in 2021?
- Top Apple Health executive leaving the company
- Apple TV Plus may have more than 40 million users