Using its clout as the world’s biggest seller of DVDs, Wal-Mart has launched an online movie download store with films from all six major Hollywood studios. The Wal-Mart Video Downloads store currently sells about 3,000 movies and TV shows from Walt Disney, Warner Brothers, Paramount, Sony, 20th Century Fox, Universal, Comedy Central, CW, FX, Logo, MTV and Nickelodeon. The Windows Media-based store only works with Microsoft Windows and videos are not compatible with the iPod. Download prices will be $12.88 to $19.88 on the day of the DVD release. Older movies will start at $7.50, while TV shows will sell for $1.96 an episode. Apple’s iTunes Store, which only offers movies from Walt Disney and Paramount, charges $12.99 for movies when pre-ordered and during the first week of sale, and $14.99 afterward.
- Apple MacArthur Center closing amid mall safety issues
- Apple increasing sign language interpreters in stores
- Protect your iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Speck CandyShell Pro Case, now 36% off
- Apple official magic keyboard with number pad drops $13
- Cast and creators of ‘Ted Lasso’ to join PaleyFest
- Apple Yeouido set to open February 26
- Apple releases new details on App Privacy Labels
- Revamped Equality Act gets a thumbs up from Tim Cook
- iPhone 12S: TouchID, Improved Cameras, 120Hz Display
- iPhone 12 mini: Worth buying with the flaws?