Turning off Facebook Calendars and Contacts in iOS 6

Many Facebook power users will undoubtedly appreciate the new integration with the social network provided in iOS 6, which not only includes the ability to share items directly on Facebook, but also integrates your Facebook Contacts, Events and Birthdays into your iOS Contacts and Calendars app by default. However, what if you don’t want to see all of your Facebook friends in your iOS Contact list, or aren’t interested enough in upcoming Facebook Events to have them appearing in your calendar? Fortunately, it’s easy to turn them off: Simply go into the iOS Settings app, find the Facebook section, and toggle off Contacts and/or Calendar under “Allow These Apps to Use Your Account”—although this isn’t obvious with Calendars and Contacts mixed in with other built-in and third-party apps that simply post via Facebook, if these apps can’t access your Facebook account, then they won’t be able to access your Facebook Contacts or Facebook Events either, thereby disabling the Facebook integration in these two areas.

Turning off Facebook Calendars and Contacts in iOS 6 3

8 thoughts on “Turning off Facebook Calendars and Contacts in iOS 6”

1. I have a question on this–I did as you described but the FB birthdays are still showing in Notification Center. It’s really annoying and I don’t know how to turn it off. Help!

2. I have a question on this–I did as you described but the FB birthdays are still showing in Notification Center. It’s really annoying and I don’t know how to turn it off. Help!

3. No one has yet to answer the question, what happens to iOS/iCloud contacts and calendars when Facebook integration is left turned “on?”

4. No one has yet to answer the question, what happens to iOS/iCloud contacts and calendars when Facebook integration is left turned “on?”

5. There is a massive bug with Facebook integration as it hi-jacks texts messages that you send to people. If you integrate with Facebook and dont deselect ‘Contacts’ then every message you send to someone in your contacts list ,that has facebook details integrated, will go to their facebook email address rather than their text message queue. The oonly exceptions are peop,e that have included their phone number in their facebook account.

6. There is a massive bug with Facebook integration as it hi-jacks texts messages that you send to people. If you integrate with Facebook and dont deselect ‘Contacts’ then every message you send to someone in your contacts list ,that has facebook details integrated, will go to their facebook email address rather than their text message queue. The oonly exceptions are peop,e that have included their phone number in their facebook account.

7. Yep tried this and it didn’t work. I don’t even have Facebook anymore (in general/on my phone) and yet I still have the contacts there. Any help?

8. Yep tried this and it didn’t work. I don’t even have Facebook anymore (in general/on my phone) and yet I still have the contacts there. Any help?