Unlike traditional text messages, iMessage makes it possible to see when your messages have been delivered to one of your recipient’s devices as well as when they’ve actually read your message. Although delivery notifications are always enabled, you can choose if you want people sending you iMessages to be able to see the date and time when you’ve actually read their messages. To access this option, simply go to Settings, Messages and toggle the Send Read Receipts option to whichever setting you prefer. Note that if you’re using multiple iOS devices or Messages on a Mac, you will need to disable this option on ALL of your devices individually if you don’t want read receipts to be sent out at all.
- iPad Air vs iPad Pro: Which offers the best value for money?
- New iOS 14.6 beta introduces new features in Podcasts app
- iPad Pro orders are now preparing to ship (early orders)
- Apple’s AirTag used to track a mailed package by an UK resident
- Counterfeit Apple chargers seller fined $147,000 in the UK
- iPhone 11 is the best value for money iPhone
- Apple could release a portless iPhone this year
- MagSafe to return as a new feature on Apple Silicon MacBook Pro models
- Upcoming MacBook Pro models to be powered by M-series chips
- Leading Apple enterprise management company Jamf to acquire zero trust cloud security company Wandera