The new MacBook Pro, now available at apple.com, comes with several notable upgrades than its predecessor. First, the new MacBook will feature 8th and 9th-gen, 8-core processors that’s estimated to be twice as fast as the quad-core Pro and 40% improved performance than the six-core variant.
The company also mentioned that they will be introducing a new Butterfly keyboard on the 13 and 15-inch models, which should reduce missed and double key presses.
Furthermore, Apple says that the new MacBook Pro offers the following enhancements:
- Compile in Xcode 65% faster.
- Edit up to 11 4K multi-cam streams in Final Cut Pro X.
- Apply filters and edits in Photoshop up to 75% faster.
- Play multi-track projects in Logic Pro X with twice as much Alchemy plugins.
- 3D design rendering in Maya Arnold up to twice as fast.
- Complex fluid dynamic simulations on TetrUSS up to 50% faster.
The 8-core configuration is priced at $2,799 and is only available on the 15-inch model. You can opt to get other high-performance models with the 2.4GHz quad-core 256GB storage MacBook Pro 13 inch variant priced at $1,799 and the 15-inch variant priced at $2,399.