Facebook has finally released a Dark Mode for the Facebook Messenger App for all iOS and Android devices. According to Facebook, the Dark Mode option is currently in beta. Therefore, users may see a few bugs when enabled.
Enabling Facebook Messenger Dark Mode on iOS or Android
If you would like to try the new Dark Mode on Facebook Messenger, follow the steps below:-
- Open Facebook Messenger App on your iOS or Android device
- Open a friends conversation
- Send the crescent moon emoji ?(Copy/pasting the emoji might not work. You may need to select emoji from your device keyboard)
- You should now get a notification in that same conversation to enable Dark Mode on your IOS device.
- Android users may need to re-open the Messenger app and enable the new “Dark Mode” toggle in the Messenger Settings menu.