Finally, Sony releases PS4 Remote Play for iOS that works with the latest PS4 Firmware Update 6.50. Thanks to Sony, PS4 users can now enjoy playing their favorite PS4 games from any iOS device.
Downloading PS4 Remote Play for iOS
- Go to App Store on your iOS device
- Search PS4 Remote Play
- Tap the “Get” button to Download
- Don’t see the App on the App Store? Click here to download it.
What does the PS4 Remote Play for iOS do?
- The App actually allows you to display the PS4 screen on your iOS device wirelessly via Wi-Fi. This will allow you to play any of your favorite PS4 games directly on an iPhone or iPad.
- You can use the on-screen controller on your iOS device to control your PS4 without having to use the gaming joystick.
- You can join voice chats by using the mic of your iOS device.
- You can use the app as your PS4 keyboard, allowing you to enter text from your iOS device.
How PS4 Remote Play app for iOS looks in action. [Image Credits: Tuomas Tonteri @tontsa]Currently, the PS4 Remote Play app works with the iOS 12.1 or later installed versions with at least PS4 Firmware 6.50. Therefore, you must make sure your iOS and PS4 operating systems are up to date. The app only works via Wi-Fi and does not work via a mobile network.
According to Sony, this App may not work with some games. However, they have not mentioned those games yet. That being said, DUALSHOCK 4 cannot be used with the app.